Data Analyst - Genie Shopping Team
- Job title: Data Analyst - Genie Shopping Team
- Position type: Full Time
- Start date: ASAP
- Salary: Competitive Depending on Experience
- Location: Cambridge/Remote
- Job reference: GSNDA0321
About the role:
Genie Shopping Network (GSN) is an exciting new business within the Genie Ventures organisation. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the early stages of a fast-growing business unit within a successful e-commerce technology business. We work with leading online retailers to drive valuable new customers for them through the Google Shopping CSS programme across Europe, and are rapidly becoming one of the top affiliate companies in the UK.
In this role you will be the stakeholder of GSN’s data, ensuring the team has the required reports, data and insights to be able to drive the business forward. You will be responsible for ensuring data sources and the reporting eco-system is running smoothly, creating and maintaining current and new reports, alongside doing wider analysis pieces for key areas where required. You will become an expert in all things Google Shopping and CSS related and will be joining a fun, smart and growing team in a highly competitive new area for online retail.
We are proud of the business we’ve created in a short space of time and very excited about the future growth opportunities. You’ll be detail oriented, organised, conscientious and hard working with a strong client focus. You will feel comfortable working to targets and building long-lasting relationships within affiliate networks and agencies. Flexibility to travel from time to time and attend events is required and additional European languages would be a bonus.
- Become the data champion for GSN, creating a culture of data-driven decisions.
- Work with the Head of Operations to prioritise in-depth data analysis projects to complete for the team.
- Creates the right reports to enable the team to access data for their own questions as and when they need to.
- Work across teams to understand the current business needs around data.
- Instinctively spot trends, opportunities and problems in the data and bring these forward to the team with insights and recommendations.
- First point of contact for ad-hoc analysis requests.
GSN is a data driven business and ensuring each team has access to clear and accurate reports is vital to ensure they make informed business and commercial decisions. In this role you would:
- Have day-to-day running of reporting tools and systems, ensuring existing reports function correctly and creating new reports where requested or needed.
- Produce clear, graphical representations and data visualisations suited for the target audiences
- Evolve the current Tableau environment and reports.
- Create, fix and maintain all available data sources.
Documentation & support
- Create clear documentation to empower the team to create their own reports in Tableau and other reporting environments.
- Act as a mentor to the wider team on data reporting skills, providing training as and when needed.
- Dedicate time to your training and development to continually learn new, and improve existing skills.
- Create and engage with your OKRs to drive forward your personal development.
- Train in the use of our in-house technology and third party solutions (if applicable).
- Stay up to date on the latest news and developments in CSS, digital marketing and retail to continually grow your knowledge and keep Genie at the cutting edge