As an Account manager you will be tasked with growing the revenue of a set basket of existing clients by optimising Shopping Ads and data feeds alongside holding conversions with your clients to gain better commercials.
This role is extremely varied and will involve you taking day-to-day responsibility for your clients whilst bringing energy, enthusiasm and organisation to the team - we are seeking native English, French and German speakers.
As an Account Manager you will have autonomy of you and your team's day to day priorities but will work closely with the Account Director to ensure we deliver the best account performance, effective account management and ultimately ensure retention and revenue growth within your set basket of clients. Performance targets will be revised regularly, in line with business priorities and OKRs.
This role offers the right candidate an opportunity to work with big name retail brands and gain valuable practical experience while working with them to help grow ecommerce sales.
What you’ll do:
- Help define strategy and workload for assigned set of clients to help achieve team goals
- Management & accountability for a set of clients and their performance both from GSN’s profit perspective, but within the clients interest for revenue growth.
- Run & chair client reviews of performance on monthly & quarterly basis.
- Ensure set of clients are optimally set up and running at profit.
- Build up a library of case studies and testimonials alongside your client.
- Google Shopping Ads / Google Merchant Centre.
- Create Shopping Ad campaigns to a high standard using your expertise to ensure all products/keywords are covered effectively.
- Actively monitor campaigns, auditing and adjusting them for maximum performance.
- Roll out new features across your basket of clients.
- Recommending feed improvements to the client.
Client Commercial Communication & Negotiation
- First point of contact for key clients, ensuring we're proactive in the approach to updating them on performance, opportunities and being the voice of expertise for any questions, queries or concerns.
- Negotiating CPA increases with clients including providing them with illustrations for uplift.
- Direct communication with clients (or via agencies and/or affiliate networks).
- Proactive communication inspiring trust and building a good relationship.
- Troubleshoot client requests to ensure any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Dedicate time to your training and development to continually learn new, and improve existing skills.
- Create and engage with your OKRs to drive forward your personal development.
- Train in the use of our in-house technology and third party solutions (if applicable).
- Stay up to date on the latest news and developments in CSS, digital marketing and retail to continually grow your knowledge and keep Genie at the cutting edge.
- Line management of up to 3 executives (as the team grows).
- Train & mentor executives in your team, helping them develop the required skills in their roles.
- Run regular 121’s with executives in your team, keeping them engaged and developing their progression alongside Account Director.
Other / Misc
- Daily use of affiliate networks.
- Actively suggest and help implement improvements to our methodology and best practices.
- Support and mentor other team members.
- Occasionally attend events to represent Genie.
- Responsibility to find out how GDPR applies to your team’s activities.
- Understand and comply with all GV guidelines for security and data protection.
- Any other tasks or functions which are required by Genie, particularly in relation to digital marketing.